"The Paradoxical Commandments" -Kent M. Keith quotes
- People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway.
- If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives. Do good anyway.
- If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway.
- The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
- Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable. Be honest and frank anyway.
- The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds. Think big anyway.
- People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs. Fight for a few underdogs anyway.
- What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway.
- People really need help but may attack you if you do help them. Help people anyway.
- Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth. Give the world the best you have anyway.
- If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
- If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.
Jesus used paradoxes to help us see the kingdom of God. His paradoxical statements turned the secular world upside down.
...whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be your slave.
...the last shall be first, and the first shall be last.
...I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
...Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.
Add some, if you like.